9th Annual Nursing Alliance Leadership Academy
August 17-18, 2013
The Galt House Hotel
140 N 4th St.
Room Rate: $105.00/night plus taxes. For reservations call 800-843-4258. Rate cannot be guaranteed after July 17, 2013.
Comments from NALA Participants:
- "This was a wonderful, informative conference. The information was important and timely. The speakers were knowledgeable due to their involvement in their roles and organizations. I gained great information and knowledge from networking!"
- "As a new board member at the national level and a past board member at the state level, this outlined my responsibilities and was very helpful."
- "Great leadership academy...many useful tools and information that I will take back to my board. Thank you!"
- "The preparation materials are great resources."
- "This was the first time that I attended NALA. The sessions were very informative. I really appreciated the practical strategies that were offered. The group work and networking opportunities were especially beneficial."
- "Excellent program. Material presented was very relevant to my board position. The networking was great!"
- "Perfect for a first time board member. All speakers presented thorough and practical applications that will assist me as I grow in my role."
The target audience has limited knowledge of volunteer board leadership roles and responsibilities and governance and organizational strategies for success.
- Newly elected volunteer leaders
- Emerging volunteer leaders
NALA is a great resource for small organizations for orientation/board leadership development.
The overall objective of the program is to provide consistent, effective volunteer governance leadership education for individuals within Alliance member organizations. Content and learning experiences will assist volunteer leaders on their journey of development and refinement of the knowledge and skills necessary to govern and lead their organizations effectively. Opportunities to build strong networking relationships among leaders of Alliance member organizations will also be provided.
Nursing Contact Hours
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity has been approved for 8.25 contact hours.
Mary Jo Satusky was one of the 2010 NALA Scholarship recipients. Click here to view Mary Jo’s report on NALA.
The closest airport is the Louisville International Airport (SDF).
Louisville, located on the banks of the Ohio River, is the 16th largest city in the United States and the largest city in Kentucky. Home to the Kentucky Derby, the "most exciting two minutes in sports", there is plenty to keep you busy during your stay in Louisville. Located close to the Seelbach Hotel, 4th Street Live is Louisville’s open air retail and entertainment district. Restaurants and entertainment venues include the Hard Rock Cafe, Red Star Tavern, TGI Friday’s, Sully’s, Lucky Strike Lanes, Felt billiards lounge, and Maker’s Mark Bourbon House & Lounge. There is also live comedy at Rascals Comedy Club and live music at Saddle Ridge and Howl at the Moon. Also located within walking distance of the hotel are the Louisville Slugger Museum, the Louisville Science Center, the Belle of Louisville and Spirit of Jefferson (the city’s two riverboats) and much, much more. For more information on Louisville, please visit www.gotoLouisville.com.
The average high temperature in August is 86F.
The average low temperature in August is 68F.
What to Wear:
Attire for NALA is business casual. The meeting rooms will be air conditioned so you may want to bring a blazer or sweater for the sessions.
For more information please contact Alliance Headquarters Offices at 859-514-9157 or szach@AMRms.com.
|| Thank you to these
2013 NALA supporters: